Travel & Visa
Visa on Arrival
The following 32 nationalities are granted visa on arrival: Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden, South Korea, Spain, San Marino, United Kingdom, United States of America, UK overseas passport holders born in Hong Kong, Vatican. It should be noted that this list may vary slightly from time to time and it is therefore best to check with your local UAE embassy or the airline that you are using to fly to the UAE.
Visa application prior to arrival
All nationalities other than the above 33 nationalities are required to apply and obtain a visa prior to arrival in the UAE. Visa application:
- All hotels in Dubai provide Visa application service for their tenants, please contact your hotel and provide them with the required information and documents.
- If flying with Emirates Airlines, they also process visas for their passengers.
- Controlled substances such as cannabis, opium etc. are banned and the penalties for handling these drugs are severe.
- The importation of firearms and dangerous weapons is also restricted
- Religious propaganda, potentially offensive printed matter, CDs videos of films should not be brought into the country.
- Strict copyright laws are being enforced in the UAE, pirated video and audiotapes or illegal computer software will be confiscated.
Duty Free Allowances
- 4 litres of alcohol or one carton / 24 cans of beer
- AED2000 worth of cigarettes or 400 sticks of cigarettes
- AED3000 worth of cigars
- 2 kg tobacco
- AED3000 worth of gifted including perfume
These vehicles are exclusive to arriving visitors to Dubai International Airport. You can distinguish the Airport Taxi from other taxis by the Dubai International Airport text on the front left and right side of vehicle. The Airport taxi allows you to connect to other Emirates in Country around the clock. Look for the taxi sign icon inside Terminal 1, 2 and 3 where our highly qualified Taxi Officers are waiting to drive you to your destination.